MAUI POLITICAL TRACKER
Maui County Council
county council overview
The Maui County Council is a nine-member legislative body of officials who are elected on at-large basis (i.e., all County voters can cast votes for all nine seats), one each from nine residency areas. Each Council member is elected for a two-year term, and can serve for up to five consecutive terms.
The Council is the legislative and policy-making body of the Maui County government, as provided by Section 2-2 of the Charter of the County of Maui: 'All powers of the county shall be carried into execution as provided by this charter, or, if the charter makes no provisions, as provided by ordinance or resolution of the county council.'
Maui County Council Members for the 2017-2018 term
Help build a transparent democracy!
Site users with permission help update this Political Tracker Page by entering information into the form below. Posts will appear in the post listing at the bottom of the page. If you are interested in volunteering contact us here. Democracy depends on an active and informed citizenry!
POLITICAL TRACKER DATA ENTRY FORM
Links to Political Tracker pages for individual Council members and committees
- BUDGET AND FINANCE COMMITTEE (BF) Riki Hokama, Chair
- HOUSING, HUMAN SERVICES, AND TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE (HHT) Stacy Crivello, Chair
- INFRASTRUCTURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE (IEM) Elle Cochran, Chair
- LAND USE COMMITTEE (LU) Robert Carroll, Chair
- PARKS, RECREATION, ENERGY AND LEGAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE (PRL) Don S. Guzman, Chair
- PLANNING COMMITTEE (PC) Kelly King, Chair
- POLICY, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, AND AGRICULTURE COMMITTEE (PEA) Yuki Lei Sugimura, Chair
- WATER RESOURCES COMMITTEE (WR) Alika Atay, Chair
POLITICAL TRACKER POSTS for the county council as a whole