MAUI POLITICAL TRACKER
Housing, Transportation and Human Services Committee
Committee Roles and Duties
Committee duties Include
- Social services programs and related grants, including grants of interests in real property.
- Affordable or residential workforce housing programs, excluding expedited approvals of housing projects pursuant to Chapter 201H, Hawaii Revised Statutes, or any successor statute.
- Amendments to the Residential Workforce Housing Policy and other affordable housing ordinances.
- Homeless programs and related matters.
- Proposals for increasing the availability or affordability of housing.
- Amendments to the Subdivision Ordinance and Building and Construction Codes.
- Operations of the Department of Housing and Human Concerns and the Department of Transportation, including the operational oversight of any grants they administer.
Committee Meeting Schedule
Housing, Human Services and Transportation Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 1:30 pm on the Thursday prior to the first and third Friday of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Links to agendas and videos from select Committee meetings can be accessed here, and the 2017 calendar can be accessed here.
Info on how to testify (in written or oral form) is located here. Also included is advice on how to provide effective testimony.
You can receive automated text or email notifications of upcoming meetings by registering on the County website here.
Committee Members and Contact Info
Stacy Crivello, Chair, Robert Carroll Vice-Chair, Alika Atay, Don S. Guzman, Riki Hokama, Kelly T. King, Mike White
Elle Cochran, Yuki Lei Sugimura
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686
Links to Committee Documents
View available agendas, minutes, committee reports, list of matters, and items of interest for the Housing, Human Services, and Transportation Committee.
Links to agendas and videos from select Committee meetings can be accessed here.
Subscribe to Notifications:
Housing, Human Services, and Transportation Committee Agenda and Meeting Notices
TRACKER DATA ENTRY FORM (for registered Tracker volunteers)
To post information to the Political Tracker one needs to first complete the volunteer registration process:
- Register and log in to the Evolution-Local website.
- Read and agree to the Political Tracker Volunteer Ethics Agreement
- Complete and submit the Political Tracker Volunteer Form.
- Wait for email notification that your Volunteer status has been activated.
Housing Committee TRACKER POSTS
Listed below are local Political Tracker posts -- notes collected and entered by community volunteers. Clicking on the purple post title will open the post in a separate window. Any registered site user may comment on a Tracker post, or discuss it further by starting or contributing to a discussion topic in the Community Forum. Background information on key issues can be found in the Local Issues section of the website.
Housing Committee Test Post
Who would like to keep the rest of us up-to-date on what's new in the Housing Committee?