MAUI POLITICAL TRACKER
Maui County Council -- Planning Committee
Committee Roles and Duties
Planning Committee duties include reviewing and considering:
- Processing procedures for the General Plan and community plans.
- Revisions to and updates of the General Plan and community plans that are not specific to a project, including the Countywide Policy Plan, Maui Island Plan, and community plans.
- Infrastructure impact fees based on long-range plans.
- Implementation of the digital mapping project including review and adoption of digital land use maps by ordinance.
- Operations of the Department of Planning, including the operational oversight of any grants it administers.
Committee Meeting Schedule
Planning Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 am on the Thursday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Info on how to testify (in written or oral form) is located here. Also included is advice on how to provide effective testimony.
You can receive automated text or email notifications of upcoming meetings by registering on the County website here.
Committee Members and Contact Info
Links to Committee Documents
Agendas, Minutes, & Other Documents:
View available agendas, minutes, committee reports, list of matters, and items of interest for the Planning Committee.
Links to agendas and videos from select Committee meetings can be accessed here.
Subscribe To Notifications:
Planning Committee Agenda and Meeting Notices
TRACKER DATA ENTRY FORM (for registered Tracker volunteers)
To post information to the Political Tracker one needs to first complete the volunteer registration process:
PLANNING COMMITTEE TRACKER POSTS
Listed below are local Political Tracker posts -- notes collected and entered by community volunteers. Clicking on the purple post title will open the post in a separate window. Any registered site user may comment on a Tracker post, or discuss it further by starting or contributing to a discussion topic in the Community Forum. Background information on key issues can be found in the Local Issues section of the website.
Who would like to help monitor the Planning Committee?