MAUI POLITICAL TRACKER
Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee
Committee Roles and Duties
Committee duties Include
- Intergovernmental issues, including the Hawaii State Association of Counties and non-financial intergovernmental agreements.
- Appointments of executive branch officials, including board and commission members.
- Business and economic development issues, including agriculture.
- Issues involving the responsibilities of two or more standing committees.
- Operations of the Office of the County Clerk and the Office of Council Services.
- Amendments to the Charter and oversight of implementing amendments passed in the previous election.
- Operations of the Emergency Management Agency; the Department of Fire and Public Safety; the Department of Liquor Control; the Department of Management; the Department of Police; the Office of the Mayor, including the Office of Economic Development and operational oversight of any grants it administers, but excluding the Community Development Block Grant program, and the Energy Office; and the Maui Metropolitan Organization.
Committee Meeting Schedule
The Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 am on the Monday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Info on how to testify (in written or oral form) is located here. Also included is advice on how to provide effective testimony.
You can receive automated text or email notifications of upcoming meetings by registering on the County website here.
Committee Members and Contact Info
Voting Members: Yuki Lei K. Sugimura, Chair, Stacy Crivello, Vice-Chair, Alika Atay, Robert Carroll, Elle Cochran, Don S. Guzman, Riki Hokama, Kelly T. King, Mike White
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686
Links to Committee Documents
View available agendas, minutes, committee reports, list of matters, and items of interest for the Housing, Human Services, and Transportation Committee.
Links to agendas and videos from select Committee meetings can be accessed here.
Subscribe to Notifications:
(Link not yet available on County website)
TRACKER DATA ENTRY FORM (for registered Tracker volunteers)
To post information to the Political Tracker one needs to first complete the volunteer registration process:
Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee TRACKER POSTS
Listed below are local Political Tracker posts -- notes collected and entered by community volunteers. Clicking on the purple post title will open the post in a separate window. Any registered site user may comment on a Tracker post, or discuss it further by starting or contributing to a discussion topic in the Community Forum. Background information on key issues can be found in the Local Issues section of the website.
Who would like to monitor this committee?